The Horror of Writer's Block!

Oh, Writer's Block...destroying hopes, dreams, and grades for centuries now...
why do I bring this up?

Well, for those of you who are reading Concerning the Young Man in the Woods (or just Concerning... vol. 1, if you will), I am quite ashamed to let you know that I have a bit of writer's block m'self...

What's worse is that I pretty much had a "Wham Episode" in the most recent chapter, in which the plot really starts falling into place (I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it yet, but, I must ask, if you are here, and haven't read it yet, then why are you not reading it? Don't just read my ramblings, read my story! Please?).

I've been working on a new chapter but, with school and everything, I've been having trouble focusing. That and, honestly, I'm one of those people who writes everything in Microsoft Word before sending it here; so, I tend to work for awhile on one thing so it is just right.

I feel pretty bad about this but, thanks to the tactic, I've spared you all from idiotic plot points (and horrid spelling), so, I guess it's not too bad...

Of course, I have ideas for other things but, they're really more scraps than anything.

For example, I have an original fiction idea involving a future in which having combined animal DNA is the norm (inspired by an old RP plot that I use to really like using on Neopets, where I roleplay the most, actually XD) but, I was gonna have it as a series of short stories, mostly chronicalling different people in this society. However, I was quite inspired by a fellow roleplayer's character, and would rather like to write about a variation of her but, I don't want to anger the roleplayer...and I can't find her to ask...quite a shame, really...

Indeed, I had a pretty good story going for a character of mine, and her's...which we actually used when we were using the plot...

yeah, that's my worry there...

I also had an idea for a one-shot about a mermaid but, I'm quite afraid that it'll end up pretentious dribble (I remember accidentally writing something like that once, it was an abomination, and I'd rather like to forget about it...)

and, a short story one-shot based off of Hatsune Miku's (I'm sorry, but, I can't remember the original composer) "Sleeping Beauty" (mostly the amazing Akiakane cover, which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNgL1Ozz8i4 )...not sure if that would count as fan-fiction or not, since it's based off of a song more than the characters...hm...song-fic? Eh...I'm not sure...

There's also an idea I had that I wanted to use for (if I'm lucky) a book, in the future but, a friend of mine highly advised against posting it here...which, makes sense, as a precaution, of course.

Eh...I just feel kind of bad about having one story that's taking forever to complete; I feel like I should give subscribers something to read while they wait for the next installment...hm...

Curse this Writer's Block! I'm trying, I really am but, alas...I'm a perfectionist...
So far, I have a lot of sly reference jokes, and I'm wondering how many of them I should keep...
Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged...(or, just the 4kids dub of the series, more so, I guess...)
Sherlock Holmes...
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...
Doctor Who...
Jeeves and Wooster...
I like reference jokes, I should probably stop liking them so much (although, I have smattered references throughout the story and people haven't really payed much mind, it seems so...who knows...)

Still, the point is, I'm sorry for taking so long. I'm just a bit stuck, that's all. I'm sure I'll figure something out soon, I won't let the fic die *is determined*!
September 4th, 2012 at 04:49am