The Ramblings of a Weird 14 Year Old Girl

Okay, so I'm going to try and do a blog. I've never done one before but I'm going to try and just write what comes into my head at any given time, I doubt anyone will read this but it's something to take up my time with. By the end of these you'll probably end up knowing more about me than you ever would.

So I guess an introduction is in order then isn't it? Well hello I am Lauren-jade Thomas, I am fourteen years old even though i really don't feel like I am most of the time except when my boyfriend reduces me to nothing more than a giggling school girl with his expert use of weird facial expressions and it can be quite embarrassing, especially yesterday when we were sat in a coffee shop called caffe Nero, which claims to be the best expresso this side of Milan which I can totally vouch for.

Anyway I live in great British though I don't see what's so good about it though it's not raining! Actually hasn't rained to much since the olympics. I live in an old roman city which was previously called lindum colonium which is now simply lincoln. It's very small but we are still a city and not merely a town with a population of 120,000 people most of which are eastern european, no offense to anyone who is but half the shops in the city centre where we do the shopping are full of polish food which I ge never hear of but it's cheap, so I guess that's good.

I live with my father and that's it. My mother abandoned him and took me with her when she got knocked up by one of our neighbors but not after she had let my dad believe that her son was his for a year or so. They got joint custody, her boyfriend was the nicest of people towards me in particular I told my mum she acused me of being a lying cow and just saying things to get her and my dad back together. Even at the age of nine I wasn't that naive, it would never work cause they can't stand to be in the same room as each other for more than five minutes. So I haven't talked to her, her boyfriend or my bother and sister in four years. Great isn't it? Meh, not really.

So now I live with my daddy now, this is were I got the idea for my madaleine moment from, that and something I learnt from qi. To you Americans out there and if you haven't already you need to watch it! It's taught me so much more than school has.

On the subject of school, I go back to school tomorrow into year ten, which is known across the pond as sophomore year, I don't know where those guys got all the weird names from.. But yeah, so as of tomorrow I start my gcses, well I did some last year.. I did one exam and started to the courses for English, chemistry, biology, physics, philosophy and ethics (which is basically religious studies, just out of curiosity as I know little about american schooling do you have to do any lessons like that? We have to because of the government, it's meant to make use open minded towards other religions and cultures and we learn about what we can take from the religions and understand why people believe the things they do)

Like I said this is the ramblings of a fourteen year old girl, I myself, as everyone around me already knows, ramble on about things that don't really matter and I figured a blog would be good for venting these things.

I'm gonna go now cos I have to sort out the laundry as my dad is at work until half six so I have to do all the housework, nothing new there.

Au reviour till maybe tomorrow xx lauren
September 5th, 2012 at 04:23pm