A Guy Named Ethan

Oh, the woes of being a teenager. You see, I seem to have taking a liking to a guy named Ethan. Said guy likes comic books, and video games, and super heros, and is an all around good person. Sure, we're both about as awkward as a person can get (Especially when we are shoved together and told to tango by a certain friend of ours), but I find that it makes life a little bit more interesting. There is one problem in my liking him. The fact that his is 19 (Turning 20 in October), and I am 15 (Turning 16 in January). It's pretty much a universally accepted fact in Western culture that a relationship between us would not be okay. That is beside the point for the moment, what I really wanted to do was rant a bit about our conversation on this fine night.

So we talked about many things tonight, most of them being hopelessly nerdy things to talk about. Mostly how hard it was to find wifi in his dorm room, or how we like to play old video games with random family members. That sort of stuff. But the part that I love is the fact that a guy I happened to like actually wanted to talk to me. Me. The girl who tends to fall hopelessly in love with random guys/girls that will never, even if given millions of years, return any feelings. I know I'm only 15 and incredibly naive, but I like this. This thing we have going on is good. I especially liked the fact he actually said he enjoyed talking to me, and said we could talk again soon. I like this thing. It'll never work out between us, experience has taught me that, but I like it. I just like talking to him. I like a guy named Ethan.
September 11th, 2012 at 04:50am