Normandy watches Labrynth while house sitting and discovers the power of Netflix

Errmahgerd. Netflix.

Errmagerd. Labrynth. Where have you been my entire life? Like holy crap. I've always heard rumors of how good it was; I've always heard I needed to watch it. I don't even have words to describe my fascination with Jareth and David Bowie's performance. I've already added it to my Amazon wish list. I'll be ordering it Friday. I feel like it's a crime not to have that movie. It's kind of weird that a very unfortunate even led me to housesitting for a friend who has Netflix and told me to use it at my disposal.

My best friend's stepdad was hit by a semi while he was driving through Arkansas the other day. The trucker was "sick" or so the company says, and swerved into his lane, hit him, and he was caught in the tires. The truck drug him behind it for a while, the driver said he thought a guard rail was caught in his tires and that somehow constituted his continued driving. He didn't even stop once Gerry's bike managed to come loose from where it was stuck. A driver who had been following behind him the entire time saw it all happen, and called the police and an ambulance. Gerry was conscious the entire time, his first words to the woman who had seen it all when she got out to check on him were, "Well, this sucks."

Both of his legs were completely mangled and broken, both kneecaps completely shattered; one leg totally shattered. All the muscle in his right thigh is gone. They keep doing surgeries to pull bits of gravel, steel, and whatever else got caught in his legs out. At this point the flesh on his right leg is turning completely black, and they don't know if he'll even be able to keep the leg. it's a 50/50 chance. Aside from a few brief points they've kept him unconscious the entire time so he doesn't have to deal with the pain. It's utterly horrible. I'm house-sitting for the best friend's mother while she's in Arkansas with him. Needless to say, it's been a rough week for the family. I'm watching all the animals while they're out of town and taking advantage of the free Netflix.

Labrynth just went off and now I'm watching The Secret of Kells. I honestly forgot how pretty this movie was. Pretty is an understatement; the movie is honestly stunning. If you haven't watched it I highly advise you do, it's truly brilliant. I swear everything I watch tonight is bringing me closer to my childhood. This is going to keep me up all night. Urgh.

Oh, I've posted the rewrite of Winter Wakes. Link should be on my page, or in my story section! Check it out and tell me what you think!
September 12th, 2012 at 07:27am