Inspiration

My inspiration for my poems comes from things that I have gone through or that the people close to me have gone through. I write my poems from the bottom of my heart and put so much feeling into them. Hoping to convey my feelings to the readers. A lot of my recent poems have been about a really bad break up I went through. I was best friends with this guy for 5 years and we dated for 1 year. I actually thought that he could be the one who would actually want to hold onto me and keep our relationship going. I was wrong. He turned out to be like every other guy out there. He cheated on me while I was out of town, then tried to lie to me about it. He also would never make time to talk to me even though I took time out of my day while at work to call him and see how he was doing.. We broke up a few months ago and I was heart broken. Because of him I stopped singing. The one thing that I've always loved to do. I stopped because of him.. Now I want to prove him wrong and make him realize that aiming for the stars is never a bad thing. I've put my heart and soul into my singing and won't allow him to take it away from me. I will prove to him that us breaking up did not break my spirit or my dreams. It just pushed me to make them a reality. In the next couple weeks I plan on auditioning for the next season of The Voice. I am determined to make it as far as I can in life and prove to everyone who has doubted me, that I can do anything that I set my mind to. I have been working on new poems lately that express all my feelings up until this point in time. I love what I do and I will never stop or let anyone keep me from doing what I love.
September 13th, 2012 at 06:31am