31 Day Writing Challenge... #11 - Not Ghetto At All

11. Introduce us to the environment your story takes place in

My old high school. this is where the story, Pride and Push-Ups, takes place. I called it Bigsby High. Home of the bulldogs, the blue, white and silver. I do miss my high school, however, dramatic entering high school may've been.

It was your normal New England urban school that was prideful, loud and over crowded. there was always drama and I avoided it but it didn't avoid me. The teachers did care but students didn't and there was always a problem surrounding dress code.

It caters to mostly middle class families but they all act like there from the ghetto. They think there hood but my dad and my cousins lived in the hood, where I live and go to school is so not ghetto at all. And another think if your family can afford 100 dollar sneakers or 140 jackets without sealing drugs you did not grown-up broke or unprivileged.

That's the environment I grown up in. Home of the bulldogs, the blue, white and silver.
P.s. Sorry for not posting but it serves me right for doing this challenge during 9/11. I didn't post because I went into the city to see Obama do the tribute and stayed in New York with an old co-worker who goes to school out there. Sorry!

Tuesday, September ‎11, ‎2012
September 14th, 2012 at 05:36am