The Voice vs. X-Factor

So the Britney and Christina fans are at it like it's 1999... Being a fan of both, I've tried to avoid the fighting. But I decided to put my input on. I love both, although I admit I'm more of an Xtina fan). Here's my input on the two shows, where I can post them without getting bashed by fans.

The Voice beat the X-Factor in ratings. The 3rd episode of The Voice had higher ratings than the premiere of the X-Factor. Some say that it isn't fair or well deserved. I disagree though.

The X-Factor is like a fire. It burns down the hopes and dreams of contestants for America's viewing pleasure, although America isn't pleased by it, based off of the ratings. If you like watching people cry, have meltdowns, and be put down, you'll love The X-Factor. It seemes like its main appeals would be bullys though. I have nothing against the X-Factor, I just think it's one of the meanest shows on TV. Britney even asked a contestant "Who let you on the stage?" Sure, it comes across as good to some people. But think for a minute: Anyone can be mean. Simon has never given good CnC. He's known as one of the best judges on TV, but all he does is put people down & make them feel bad. As for the other two, no one cares about them.

The Voice, however, is like a candle. A spark of hope for the contestants. Name the last time a contestant was put down on The Voice. It just hasn't happened. Even if a contestant bombs an audition, the coaches treat them with respect & even go on the stage and hug them at times. It's really beautiful & heartwarming to see how compassionate the coaches are towards the contestants. The coaches all support the contestants 100%. They all like The Voice for a great reason: It's positivity. The positivity of The Voice is what keeps me watching. Even Christina fans say the show is a wreck, but I disagree. I'll certainly be watching, even after she leaves, simply because of how positive it is. When a contestant does poorly, the judges give real CnC and not just put them down.

And am I the only one who questions the qualification of the judges on The X-Factor. The only one who can really 'sing' is Demi, and she's been awful so far, judging mainly based off of apperances. Simon has no musical talent & is only there because his bluntness gets plenty of headlines. LA may be the only qualified judge on the show. He has an ear for talent & star potential. And Britney can sing OK, but not nearly well enough to judge others on their singing. I think the fact that they aren't qualified shows up in their judging styles.

The Voice coaches are all pretty qualified. Christina, well... She's one of the greatest singers ever, acclaimed by Rolling Stone, as she's the youngest singer on their 'Best singers ever' list. No one can really deny her talent. I'm no country music fan, but Blake is a great singer. Adam has a very unique voice, and is never really off-key. Cee-Lo isn't acclaimed as a great singer, but can anyone show me a performance where he didn't capture the crowd. He's not known for singing off-key either.

On top of the technical things, The Voice is easier to watch. The X-Factor is a cute show and all, but the coaches have no chemistry. They aren't fun to watch. That'll get better later on into the show, of course. The Voice coaches seem like they could have been childhood best friends. They really know each other. Another reason I didn't like the X-Factor was the fact that there was no rhyme or reason. They only showed like, 7 audtions in a 2 hour period, with about 45 minutes of filler. It just lost my attention.

Everyone has different opinions, but I think The Voice destroyed The X-Factor for a reason. It really did deserve to come out on top. I'll be watching for seasons to come!
September 15th, 2012 at 04:25am