Tame Your Children

Children are really hard to handle at times, this I understand. I don't have any children of my own, but between family and friends I've been around them enough to eventually want my own when I'm ready. Yet what worries me is the upbringing of some, who seem to rarely discipline them and show them right from wrong. To stand by and see the twelve year old girl baby talking or smacking their 'rent to get what they want is crazy.

Baby talk is adorable - for BABIES. If your child is over the age of four and is still using it, its very obnoxious. My cousin is 16 years old and if she wants something bad enough, she'll talk like a small child and pout her lips. This is one thing that really drills onto my bad side. You want to smack both the 'rent for allowing it and the child for actually doing it. This is something they should break out of at an early age.

The other thing that seems to really get on my nerves is the absolute disrespect children have toward elders, authority, teachers, their own parents, ect. I understand cops can really get on your ass over nothing, and certain events call for certain actions. But if an elderly person is coming in behind you at the store, hold the door, help them across the lot. Most kids I see today poke fun at people and cause trouble.

Parents need to show their kids to show the upmost respect for someone. I was taught to be kind, not to jump the gun and give attitude. If the person is rude or just not nice in general, then I can see the point of snapping back. I don't like the rudeness now. The yelling out the cars, the snickering if you walk by or obnoxious comments. It doesn't make you cool, it makes you look like an asshole.

I understand this is the parents fault. It is also the childs, as they can clearly make the right decision when old enough, but the majority vote lands on the parents. I don't like how some 'rents will always stick up for their child(ren) as he/she/ they can do no wrong. Your kid(s) are not perfect. No person is perfect. I guess this blog is about how the general idea used to be kind hearted and decent. Now, teenagers and young children go off the rails over the smallest thing.

But overall, the one thing for certain I can't bare to deal with is bullying. There are those who have trouble at home with abusive parents, sick family members, anger issues ect., but those who do it for the thrill or to "be cool" just make me go over the edge. I was bullied my entire middle school years over anything they could get at. Whether it was my weight, choice of punk apparel, finance situations, how my parents weren't eye candy, they poked and prodded all year round. I understand the pain.

It made me want to quit school, so I just stopped going. The school didn't do anything about the group harassing me because they never saw it. Never saw them yelling shit across the hall at me or leaning back in their seat to give me a snarky comment. These are kids who, frankly, need to be dragged out by their hair and given a good meaning of "respect". Kids are cruel these days. They aren't like how I remember, where everyone was your friend.

I'm not trying to tell people how to raise their kids. I just want them to be able to show them right from wrong a good way. To maybe show them being nicer rather than douchier is a better choice. But I really want them to show their children that no matter what a person looks like, they're all the same. Kids are mean and obviously parents are just idiotic. Hopefully one of these days I'll be proud to say society has changed. Maybe, maybe not.

(I'm not telling you how to raise your kids. I'm not saying I'm perfect. I'm not saying my parents are perfect. This topic has just been bothering me. I've been getting angry and frankly, I'm pmsing and figured this was the perfect night to throw it out there! Tada. The fuckin end.)
September 17th, 2012 at 09:15am