Warning Signs On Blogs

I know there are a lot of blogs saying how much they hate fan fictions or some bands/singers I happen to enjoy. These blogs usually have a warning along the lines of "Do not Read if you write fan fiction and are easily offended" or "Do not read if you like this type of music/band or singer and are easily offended"

I am the type to get easily angered or offended. I can't help it. It's just in my nature to do so and it often gets me into trouble.

Even though it is in my nature to get defensive over things I enjoy like fan fiction, a specific TV show, or most definitely music I read these blogs anyway. I get curious of what people have to say although it may offend me.

I never comment on these blogs however. I just kind of scoff it away and shake my head a bit.

I just don't get the point of posting blogs titled something like "Why I Dislike Fan Fiction" on a website that is made up of mostly fan fiction.

It's most definitely okay to express your opinion on a certain subject like a musical group and things of that nature (nothing really controversial by any means), but there is a thin line between expressing an opinion and being blatantly hateful towards a subject.

Saying something like "I absolutely hate this band because their a bunch of queer posers" is invalid. You don't have any evidence to support the idea and it's derogatory and offensive.

Also if you're gonna say "I hate this band/singer" provide a valid reason as to why you're saying this to someone who obviously likes the band or singer.

The most comments I've receive hatefully have been on blogs, never stories. Don't comment if I'm expressing my opinion clearly saying I'm sorry if it offends a person.

I just needed to let this out. Does anyone agree to this? If you don't, why not?

Have a lovely day/night. :)
September 20th, 2012 at 05:23am