The One Before the One.

Everyone will have two serious loves in their lifetime. The one, the big one, the one person you have the perfect happily ever after with. And the one before the one, never forget that person...

I have not found my big one yet, but I do believe I just ended things with the one before the one.
For the sake of the post, we'll call him Sam.
I met Sam at sixteen years old when I was nothing more than a virgin wallflower trying to make it through High-school.
I lost my virginity to Sam, I disobeyed my parents for Sam, and he made me feel so alive.
We got in trouble together, we saw the best and worst of each other, and I've taken so much from his presence in my life.
Three years later, and a big history under our belts, I believe our time is over.
He isn't aware of this, but he will get it soon.
Although we were never really together, I loved him more than anything else in the world, and even now, when I am not in love with him anymore, I still value every moment spent with him.
He taught me the tough lessons.
He taught me to speak up for myself.
He taught me to be the bigger person.
He taught me to how to loosen up and be young.
He taught me to never give a damn what people think.
He taught me to guard my heart.
He taught me that life is hard.
He taught me not to fall for the "bad boys".
He taught me that if a boy cheats with you, he will most certainly cheat on you.
And most importantly, he taught me never to give up on my dreams.

Our drama-filled lust story is one not to be forgotten, especially now that we are entering our new lives with heads held high and a great laugh to remember from each over.

Sam was never IN love with me, but I know that he does love me. And I love him, very much.

From all of this I will leave him with great memories, great songs, and a found love for vanilla clove cigars.
He has been a lovely friendship and that is all I could ever ask for from my one before the one.

Sam, you are perfect in every way.
You are so dear to me, and your one...the big one, she will be very lucky.
xoxo

Song: Midnight Light- Haley
September 20th, 2012 at 06:16am