Friends, School, and Life

I’m the type of girl who thinks about everything right before I go to sleep. I don’t know how or why it just seems to always happen like that, no matter how hard I try not to. So, some of the things that have been keeping me from sleeping tonight (even though I have a 9 o’clock class) are:

-Today some of my friends and I went to eat at this place on campus. Well, my friend has invited her friend who then invited her friend (who I also know). So there were five of us in all. My other friend had also texted me wanting to know if I wanted to eat with her so I told her to just come meet us. So, we (including my friend) get there and it’s kind of awkward, but still a good time.

The thing that is bugging the crap out of me is the fact that I didn’t introduce my friend to everyone else.

I know, crazy and stupid right. But that’s all I can think about. How rude I was for not introducing her. I feel so bad about it and I even texted her and was like I’m so sorry. Note that this was at like one am this morning.

But yeah, I don’t really know why this is bothering me but it is. I think it’s because I don’t want them or her to think that I’m this rude person who doesn’t know how to address others.

-I really, really, REALLY need to stop being such a procrastinator. I wait till the last possible minute to do everything. Like today I was going to start on my Intro to Lit. paper due Friday- it didn’t happen. I was also going to finish my Chem. notes for chapter three- also didn’t happen. Instead I just internet surfed and goofed around with the roomies.

Not only do I need to stop this downhill battle with procrastination, I also REALLY need to stop becoming a better student.

I’m not the worst student on the planet by far. I get my work done, and try to turn things in at the best of my ability. However, I feel like I have definite room for improvement when it comes to my studies. I’m going to try to start taking better notes in Chem., World Civ., and basically at the rest of my classes.

There’s no better feeling than the feeling of accomplishment. And I know I can do it!

-My social life seems to be heading towards a place I’m starting to like. In high school I would never go out with friends (part my mom’s fault) or go to social events or anything because I would get so nervous and anxious and be afraid of the people. Now, I still have those feelings, but I make more of an attempt to get out there. It’s paying off. At least right now I feel like it is. Tomorrow or in the next hour it might be a different story.

But yeah, I’m liking where I am right now when it comes to friends and going out and stuff. I’m not an outgoing, crazy, extrovert by far but I’m not like what I used to be.

Coming to college has helped that; with the freedom and new experiences.

Two cheers for friend and for college!

-Ricka:)
September 20th, 2012 at 08:46am