Like You Care, But Here's My Opinion (The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest)

Sorry guys, I thought I was going to have a lot more time to read over the summer, turns out, I barely got to at all, so I just finished the third installation of Stieg Larsson's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest, if Larsson was less creative, could very well have been called The Girl Who Played With Fire Part II. The Girl Who Played With Fire bled right into The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's nest so incredibly well, and with such a minuscule time lapse, I'm having trouble remembering where one book ended and the other began. This book is so fabulously written that I am almost at a loss for words. Almost. Continuing right on from where The Girl Who Played With Fire left off, there was no long, new character description scenes or, 'where are they now?' updates, so as long as you read the previous book, this one is easy- no. Just about impossible not to get wrapped up in right away. These books have triggered extremely fierce emotions in me and this one was no different.

Oh, and I must state before I forget, usually books are pretty predictable, at least the one's I have read. The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest... Fuck... Every time I thought I had finally found the direction it was headed, the next page would be a blow to the gut, leaving me breathless and disoriented all over again. I won't give any instances because I highly stress that you read this series. I don't care who you are, these books will pull in just about every type of person the universe can dish out. I developed strong feelings for the characters as well. Lisbeth I felt so much empathy for, yet I was ready to smack her at the same time. She's one bad ass chick, she has to be indestructible. You get to see the situation from the eyes of many different characters in this story that I found, when I finally put the book down, that I was biting my lip almost to the point that I drew blood. Seeing how Lisbeth, Blomkvist, and their team was making head way then how the cops were. Every time it looked like things were going the way for Lisbeth, The cops and other groups would show to be smarter than I had wished them to be. That is one of the things that I admire about Larsson's writing, he doesn't write about some goofy, doofus of a bad guy. Lisbeth's opponents are, competent, conniving, slick mother fuckers. It drove me about to the brink of insanity how close she came to losing it all.

I can't say much more about the story without giving a lot of the plot away, but if you have read it and would like to talk to me more, comment or message me, I am happy to rant on about the entire thing. I will say the end was satisfying, yet I couldn't help but wonder if I felt a little disappointed in it some how as well.

It's going to be a while before I post again because I'm reading another trilogy right now. One my friend handed to me a while ago called the Black Jewels Trilogy, so far it's amazing, and there will be lots of ranting on them when I am done I am sure of it, but it's all in one book so, I haven't decided how I'm going to write about them yet.
September 20th, 2012 at 08:11pm