Does This Ever Happen To You?

Has something like this ever happened to any of you?

You start writing a story. You're getting into it, it's moving well, people are reading it, they're liking it, they're subscribing, all that good stuff, and then all of a sudden, you realize you want to change the beginning. Not majorly, just change details, and locations and such. But you'd have to change like three chapters. And you're already past it. And it just seems like so much work, but it would work so much better if you went back and changed it, and it would make more sense too, but it just seems like such a pain in the ass. But you know you should, because if it made more sense, maybe more people would read it.

Well, I don't if you ever get that, but I did yesterday, and now I'm completely torn. I could go back, change it, and "fix" it, but it seems like it'd be a lot of trouble over a little thing. I really want to, I'm just not entirely sure that editing six chapters worth of content, plus a character bio, but it would ultimately make more sense in the story if I changed them...I just don't know. Part of me says do it, or it'll bug you, but another part says it fine, leave it. And yet another part says if you change it will that bother the people who have been with the story from the beginning? Is it fair to them to change it now? Urgh.....Advice?
September 20th, 2012 at 10:35pm