no, a teacher is not there to work around "your" schedule.

My English teacher is not very popular among students. Personally, I love her, because she's so spunky and just a brilliant person - she's taught me so much. Easily the best English teacher I've ever had. She doesn't take anyone's shit and people don't like that. She's tough as hell, she intimidates me so bad still to this day, but I just love her to pieces.

She expects you to come to her class on time and ready to listen and learn. What else should a teacher expect? Of course they get paid whether you learn or not, but jesus, they want to teach you and expect you to be respectful of their time and what-not.

A friend of mine, who we'll call Lisa Simpson skips every class she can get by with to talk to her coach in the gym. I get it, I did it when I was a volleyball player, but she's taking it too far lately. Our Spanish teacher, who is as cool as hell and couldn't give a shit less what we do and know that we're just taking Spanish so we don't have to take it in college, even told her to stop it because it wasn't right and it was rude.

Today, he sent Lisa Simpson and Bart Simpson down to the elementary school to start the process of teaching Spanish to the preschool kids since there's a Spanish speaking child down there. We're going to teach him English and the other kids Spanish.

Okay, no foul play with that, but he told them to be back before class ended. They were back before class ended and then they skipped the majority of second period, which was AP Lang. You do not interrupt my English teacher while she's teaching. She will knock your head off your shoulders.

She told Lisa and Bart Simpson that if they were going to be late for her class they would have to clear it with her beforehand instead of just assuming that it was okay to just be late and basically lay out of her class. I get why she was upset, we were discussing something pretty important to the AP test today. She excused it this time, but she said next time she'd write them up.

Lisa Simpson, who hates our teacher with a burning passion so much so that it's really unhealthy, went into a rant the next period. She was like "Well excuse me for trying to be a good person. When's the last time she committed a humanitarian act? What's she even doing with her life? She's a fucking English teacher."

... whoa, whoa, WHOA.

It took all that was in me not to go off. Lisa Simpson and I get into it quite a bit over our English teacher because she says some shit that's really out of line and I defend our teacher. I have massive amounts of respect for teachers, like, so much respect. They deal with so much fucking bullshit from us and yet still manage to love what they do. Most of the time.

And honestly, where the HELL would we be without teachers? Answer me that. Our teacher is one of the best English teacher's I have ever encountered. Ever. All of her students in her AP classes pass the AP exams with at least a 4. And if you're unfamiliar with the AP test, you need a 3 to pass and a 5 is the highest you can go. So yeah, I'd say she's a pretty damn good teacher.

I had to bite my tongue and keep from yelling in her face that NO, SHE WASN'T COMMITTING A HUMANITARIAN ACT. SHE WAS USING THAT LITTLE BOY AS AN EXCUSE TO GET OUT OF CLASS. SHE WASN'T DOING IT FROM THE GOODNESS OF HER HEART, SHE WAS DOING IT TO SKIP. BART SIMPSON EVEN TEXTED ME HALF WAY THROUGH 1ST PERIOD AND TOLD ME THEY WERE ALMOST DONE AND WERE GOING TO SKIP AP LANG.

Oh my god. I hadn't been so mad. AND THEN, LISA SIMPSON HAD THE GUTS TO SAY "Teachers are here to work around MY schedule anyway, I don't get what her fucking problem is."

what.
what.
what.

Teachers aren't here to do shit for you other than try to teach your disrespectful ass so you can get somewhere in life.
September 21st, 2012 at 12:55am