Beautiful

Today I woke up, something I usually wish wouldn't happen, but today felt different and I couldn't explain how.
And after I stepped out of the shower and I unfogged the glass I took a good long look, something I usually avoid doing because I hardly can stand my reflection, and instead of frowning I smiled. I smiled because today I felt beautiful! I didnt hav my makeup done and my hair was a mess and I hadnt recently lost any weight. But none of that mattered because I looked into my face and I saw something I hadn't for awhile, I swear my eyes sparkled! And it sounds cliche but seriously long ago I had bright eyes and lately they turned dull, but my shine it came bac and I found myself smiling. And I dont know what did it, my last weeks hav been horrible, some more of the same things I described in another blog (So Very Sad) and again it didn't matter, I feel truly blessed to see a part of the old me and it gives me hope! Hope that it won't be so bad for long, I'm makin it a point to smile now... Even when I'm sad because I found that the more I smile the less sad I am! And it may not be today or tomorrow but maybe just maybe I won't wake up wishing I hadn't anymore? And this is for you too, anyone who's sad and doesn't want to wake up, there's hope ok? And trust me when I recommend this... Look long and hard in the mirror and find your sparkle!! Hearts aren't meant to be ice, restart the flame!!! And pay it forward alright? Recommend it to others!! Cuz if u don't look for the sparkle it may permanently disappear, and what a waste it would be.
It's sad when you give up on yourself, tragic when others follow your lead...
September 21st, 2012 at 02:50am