Hello, Everyone!

I know that I haven't been updating recently, and I feel I owe all of you an explanation.

You see, every now and then, my mind will tell me, in no uncertain terms, that I had better take a break. This happened much more frequently during my high school years, and always timed themselves to happen the first week or two of summer-which I absolutely hated, mind you.

What is this thing I speak of? Simple:

A burnout.

It's when I reach the point where I want, very badly, to write, but can't manage to. Everything that comes out feels wrong, and, as a result, I never manage to get any farther.

This happened not too long after starting 'Never Easy', a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, whose first chapter is already posted.

Since then, the urge to write has grown stronger, but my muse is all over the place.

I already have biographies for two other stories besides the two that are currently active:

1) A Digimon Adventure reboot, with eight of my own characters, that more-or-less follows the storyline.

and

2: A How To Train Your Dragon story, with my own character added in for extra drama.

Add these to 'Never Easy' and 'When Waves Meet The Sand', and I'm jumping around like a rabbit on Speed, writing bits and pieces at a time for them in turns. It doesn't help that my burnout has not faded quietly into that dark night; there are many times I've had to scrap hours of work (a meager handful of lines) because of it.

Why the HTTYD story is not particularly imposing on my muse most of the time, I admit that 'When Waves Meet The Sand' and my Digimon Adventure reboot are the main contenders for my attention-WWMTS because of how far I've come, and it's fluffiness, and the Digimon one because of nostalgia and a way to release pent-up angst.

I suppose this means that I will be focusing on those two, even though I know some people were excited about my coming back to the TMNT fandom. This doesn't mean I'm giving up on 'Never Easy', just that it won't be a top priority.

Please, just bear with me, and I'll try to write more soon-if Sims 3 Supernatural doesn't try to swallow me whole...
September 22nd, 2012 at 10:22pm