So Billie Joe Armstrong had admitted he needs help.

greenday.com

And I say good on you, Billie Joe Armstrong. What happened at the iHeartRadio Festival has been blown to great levels; yes he freaked, yes it looked awful and it was highly embarrassing. Yes, he's been around since 1988 but, times have changed and with it, he's aged. I didn't feel comfortable seeing a man of that age reacting that way.

You say it's attitude? I say it's juvenile.

He had every right to be annoyed, I mean dammit, they cut him short half way through a song. Who wouldn't be irritated. I imagine though that if he weren't intoxicated on whatever it was he had in him, that he could have handled this in a better way.

It takes a good man to admit to needing help and I'm very glad that Billie Joe has done so. The statement which was released is as follows

Billie Joe is seeking treatment for substance abuse. We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances.

I hope this brings him to a happier place and that he'll be up and running in no time. Good luck BJA and good luck to his family and the boys from Green Day.

By the way, the immense amount of sex that oozes from Tre is mighty. K?
September 23rd, 2012 at 10:12pm