What love means to me.

I try to choose my words carefully. But that's because I say what I mean, and I mean what I say. And I know that in the heat of the moment some people can say things they end up regretting.
These days I see people throwing around the word 'love' like it's a new fad. Like it's lost it's meaning. Almost as if it's been tainted. It sometimes makes me wonder if it even exists any more. But I know true love is just a rare emotion to come across. Because when it's so easy to fake it, and it rolls off the tounge as easily as a name, it loses it's value.
I feel love to it's full extent. So when someone says it to me, I can't help but question how they perceive love. There are people dear to me. People I care a lot about, and would do a lot for. But then there's the people I love. And while love can come in more then one form, if I love you, I would do almost anything for you. To the point of risking my life for yours.
As rare as it may be in this world, in certain circumstances I may even risk my life for a complete stranger. Not in the hopes that I become some 'hero'. But in faith that a good deed like that won't go unnoticed. And that someday it may start a spark, and people will start caring more about life. About love.
You may call me an idealist. But I prefer to look at it as thinking outside the box. As looking at is as a whole. I don't expect the world to be perfect. But I hope that one day words like love can retain the beauty and meaning it once had.
September 24th, 2012 at 12:52am