Billie Joe in Rehab? Green Day Apologizing? What The Hell?

I apologize, but this is a rant. I just found out that Billie Joe Armstrong checked into rehab because of the iHeartRadio Festival "tantrum" Friday night. First off, I want to say that many people and rumors are going around saying that Billie Joe was drunk and was cursing a lot. But I've seen enough footage of Billie Joe when he's wasted to know very well that Billie Joe was not wasted.

Y'know what the funny thing is? I actually went online to make sure that all this bullshit was true. Y'know what I found out? That it is. Yahoo! and CNN (CNN, really? Can you actually believe that?) made it such a big deal. And to make matters worse, CNN said "Billie Joe trashed Justin Beiber." ... I'm sorry, I'm a girl that's seen a lot of trash talk and shit go down, and Billie Joe saying "I've been around since 19-fucking-88. I'm not fucking Justin Beiber, you motherfuckers," is not trash talk to me.

Wanna know what's the craziest thing? The media stating that this is all a publicity act for Green Day's upcoming album, Uno and a way for Green Day to get into the news cycle. That's motherfucking bullshit. Since when has Green Day ever been in magazines that weren't music related? 20 something years and all of a sudden Green Day decides to put themselves in the limelight? I don't fucking bloody think so.

Oh and another thing, Billie Joe freely admitted in his earlier years that yeah, he did have a substance abuse problem. But having a substance abuse now? What the hell? If Billie had started up again on that cycle, he would be everywhere! Not to mention his wife would more that likely have a word or two to say. But y'know what, at least Billie Joe had the fucking balls to check himself in. No one else but him decided to do that. And Green Day did apologized for their behavior, but in all reality they didn't need to. But it just comes to show how much they really truly care about their fans that were present at the festival.

There are other bands out there that have done far worse than what Green Day did Friday night, yet they're the ones that are being "punished." Stupid motherfucking media.

Wanna see the news post for yourself? Then click the links and comment this blog about what you thought about it. I also want to say sorry for cussing, but when you're pissed it doesn't matter much. Mibba, don't ban me because of this entry, please.

September 24th, 2012 at 08:32am