To Pursue Or Not Pursue? That Is The Question.

So, during class today (I'm a horrible person, I know, but it's okay) while my professor was talking about the syllabus, I went through my reusable notebook. Guess what I found. Story ideas! Okay, so some of you might be thinking something like "big deal, you never finish a story anyways" while reading this blog/post. And you're right, I haven't finished any story (except for the One-Shots/Short Stories I have previously written, but that's a different story).

I'm actually thinking about continuing A Halo of Light, mainly because I discovered a draft that I thought I had lost a while back. But, I was also thinking about starting a new story all together called Let Yourself Go, did not mean to make a Green Day reference there. Honest. But I wasn't sure what to do, mainly because I'd like to see what you guys think.

I know some of you out there don't give a horse's arse if I do or don't continue writing, but that's okay. I just really need a little motivation (please?). I'll even be kind as to post a small prologue section of Let Yourself Go and also a little bit of chapter one of A Halo of Light.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what I get from you guys. But if I don't that's cool, I might end up doing both in the end. But as I promised, I will now give you a glimpse of what I'm currently working on. Enjoy! :D

A Halo of Light


"I know it's gross Tré, believe me, but that shit is the only thing to satisfy me. It's like when I drink it, it feels like I just quenched an extreme thirst. It's the only thing to satisfy me,"

"Have you tried other things? Like, jeez, I don't know, food?"

I just looked at him then looked to the floor. I've thought about it, but I've always been terrified of the idea of dying because I fucking ate garlic. Damn movies have me paranoid to no end. But the thought of food made my stomach growl with hunger.

"Uhm, I've thought about it. But...,"

"But?"

"But I'm too much of a chicken shit to try," I replied. Tré laughed slapping his knee. I looked at him from across the room, feeling slightly pissed that he isn't taking me seriously.

"You've watched way too many movies, Billie," Tré laughed, "I honestly don't think you'll die from eating food; your stomach wouldn't have growled if that were an option."

I looked down at my stomach, hearing it growl again. "I guess so. But I have a question, how the hell did you figure out I wasn't, y'know, me?"

"Well at first I didn't know, but then you started acting weird. So I just suspected something was wrong. I mean c'mon Billie, you only hung around us when it was fucking night out. It was weird."


______________________________________________________________


Let Yourself Go


I sat up, pushing myself up from the bed and headed towards the bedroom door. The house has been silent for a few hours, although I knew well enough that I wasn't alone. But the feeling of being abandoned sunk like a rock; my stomach churned as I stepped into the hallway. The house's eerie silence made my skin crawl with goose bumps, like as if the house was haunted with a lost spirit. I shook my head from side to side, I knew better than to scare myself with stupid shit.

"Mom?" My voiced bounced off the walls, like they would in cave. I walked towards the kitchen and saw her standing at the kitchen sink, her hands clasped the counter for support as her head hung from her neck. "What the hell's wrong? Ellen, answer me."

Her head turned towards the sound of my voice as I entered the kitchen, her stare made me stop in my tracks. I just looked at her, her stare looked delirious and it made the hair on the back of my neck rise. I carefully made my way up towards her, afraid that any sudden movement would make her schizophrenia act up and make her attack me.

"Mom, it's just me okay? Nothing's going to happen. Do you want to sit down?" Her eyes still held that stare, but she sat down once I pulled the chair out for her. As soon as she sat, her stare seemed to clear a little and I knew I had a small time frame to give her the medication. How did she manage to ever raise me without killing me? I have yet to discover, knowing she probably thought about killing me made me shiver.

"Adam?"

"Yeah, mom?"

"Where am I?"
September 25th, 2012 at 06:58am