An Unpopular Opinion

I don’t believe in world peace. That may sound like an evil thing to say or just weird, I don’t know, but if I was given the chance to wish for anything, it wouldn’t be world peace. When I was growing up, arguing and disagreeing was equal to normal conversation. It’s a natural way of life to disagree with other people. Contreversy breeds change and change has given us the enriched lives we have today. I just hate it when I see pageants on t.v. and the contestants wish for world peace. It’s dumb. Now I’m not saying I want total chaos, but without war (as horrible as it is and no one should have to die for something that isn’t worth fighting for) there wouldn’t be many of the great nations we live in. Contrersy breeds independance and stregnth. For example, the United States. It may be flawed but you won’t get shot down for openly opposing Obama or any other person of higher post because of your freedom of speech. Anyway my random point is that universal peace is a dumb idea. It feeds into the dillusional idea that a utopia is possible in this world. And it makes me want to puke. That’s it.

Again probably a very unpopular opinion and it’s random but there it is. Floating…
September 27th, 2012 at 10:44pm