Real Life Mean Girls: Day 1, The Rumour

This past summer has been eventful and now that it's almost October I'm wondering why I still haven't enjoyed any of the past few months.
It all started when I accidentally developed a crush on someone who was way out of my league and unavailable so when he started text me a lot over the summer I was rather delighted.
We talked a lot and we got quite close. We then talked everyday from the month of June till about August when he found out his girlfriend cheated on him.
I was his comfort, I told him everything was going alright and they sort of broke it off a little bit whilst he was out as he's in the army. He then came back finding that his girlfriend went to see the guy again and he thought it was a rumour. So, he investigated and went on her tumblr finding pics.
He then broke down and turned to me for advice, admitting to me that he really did love her and they went on some sort of break.
During that break, his texts got rather intimate and against my better judgement I returned the texts.
He then sent me pics and I broke it off a little because he was technically still with his girlfriend.
Afterwards, he started texting my best friend and starting texting really kinky things with her and when she asked what's going on with you and Jess, he stopped texting her and started texting me again.
So, school was on again and we all came back from the holidays yada yada yada.
I remember a girl who was in my english class, great friends with his girlfriend who I was messing around with. We swapped phones and were going down each others stuff.
Now, baring that in mind, someone spread the rumour that we HAD SEX. I heard this rumour today from Chris himself. He called me up and we had a chat before he asked me about it. He told me that one of his girlfriends closest friends had told him, she was also one of my closest friends. Chris then asked her where she had heard it and she said from girls that go to the same college as me. I don't even talk to anyone who know's both Chris and Sasha (his gf)! And I don't even know talk to anyone because they're all stuck up and a little scary, I try and keep to myself.
The only person who I could think of who spread this rumour could've been her! Because okay, maybe we were a little too close for a comfort but nothing happened damn it.
And all of a sudden I've got all these haters and people ignoring me and sending me evil eyes and I'm thinking why is Sasha so damn popular? Everyone knows her and she's not even in this college she's in her last year of school!
He's also a REALLY popular guy.
And you know what's pissing me off? When she cheated on him TWICE, no one said anything. He told me I was the only one he could turn to but if a rumour spreads about him that isn't true, everyone's just like BITCH MODE ACTIVATED. Gossip here, rumour there. JHEEEZE.
Oh, yes. They went on a romantic holiday...to Paris. And came back engaged.
ENGAGED DAMN IT. SHE'S FUMING AND HATES ME AND SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE.
IF ANYTHING HAPPENS BETWEEN THEM, I'M GONNA GET THE BLAME.
They both also live 5 minutes from me. OHMALORD. Help.
Should I even trust him? He's a bit of a player but he was extremely hurt by Sasha. They're both kind of as bad as each other.
I know, I'm an idiot for letting people go down my phone and sending him texts like that in the first place.

MY MINDS LIKE A WASHING MACHINE RIGHT NOW - HELP ME PLEASE?
What should I do? I've only been in college for about 3 weeks and I'm in trouble already :c

- Jess, a troubled and confused college student.
September 28th, 2012 at 11:23pm