nice guys finish last

I'm sure you have all heard the saying "Nice guys finish last", correct? How many of you women have heard this and said "That isn't true! I would love to have a nice guy! But there aren't any out there."? I'm here to tell you, as one of the most respectful guys you will ever meet, that you are all lying. Riddle me this: If you want a nice guy so bad, why is it that you always go for the "bad-boy"? We exist ladies. I promise you we do. You would rather have the guy with the chiseled abs and rippling biceps with a personality about as deep as an inch-deep puddle over guys like me. I'll give you that I'm not gorgeous. I'll recognize that among your friends, you would rather be seen with the bad boy then an average guy like me. But what does that get you? Abused, neglected, hurt, scared, constantly crying. All this by the guy with the movie-star good looks who was so sweet to you in the beginning. But as soon as he got what he really wanted (sex), he showed his true colors. He cut you off from your friends, yelled at you, harassed you, and abused you. You run any chance he isn't looking to me, knowing I've always been there for you. That I'm willing to honestly give my life and time to protect you from the pain that he has caused you. And then as soon as you are fixed...as soon as I've made you feel beautiful again, like you're the amazing girl I know you to be...he calls apologizing, saying it'll never happen again. Right? And what do you do? You run back, kiss, and make up. I'm left alone yet again. Then, a month goes by, and you've caught him cheating and he is back to his old ways. So you come back, mascara leaving trails across your cheek, to me, the nice guy. But, as life often shows, you are in fact a glutton for punishment. It's an endless cycle ladies. I have a suggestion for you (because women in general are more likely to do this then guys): Try looking at what's underneath. We (nice guys) may not be perfect tens, Mr. Popular in high school. But we care more than he does. I might be the ugliest guy you have ever seen but that's okay with me. I'm funny, sweet, caring, honest, loyal intelligent, athletic, and talented. But because I don't look how you want, you judge and ignore. I feel sorry for you more than anything. Because who are you going to run to in the end when I give up waiting for you? Have a good life with him. Hope you have enough make-up to cover the bruises.
September 29th, 2012 at 08:11pm