Opinions for my speech for my cousin's wedding ceremony? (Religious)

Hi, Mibbians. So I have to my cousin is finally tying the knot with this wonderfulgirl and I am completely over the moon. They are getting married very soon in the Domincan Republic and I recently found out that I have to write the Lesson which is basically a speech that I have to prepare that talks about the life of marriage and the journey that they are about to embark. Did I mention that I have to write and say it during THE CEREMONY!! In front of everyone, the couple, the families, the guest, the pastors, etc.

So I could really use your opinion on it. So give it a read and please tell me if you like it, if you don't, if I need to change anything, revise, delete anything, etc.

---------

“Be who God meant you to be, and you will set the world on fire,” so said St. Catherine of Sienna. Today we are here to celebrate the incredibly joyous occasion of a man and woman, coming together in the face of God, in the promise of helping one another achieve what He meant each one to be; their deepest and their truest self. Marriage is so much more than a man and a woman coming into a sacred church, promising bathetic and in-sentimental vows to one another, and hoping to God that they can adhere to them. No. Marriage is the sacred union in which two people join in unity, to make a new life together so that life can flow through them in the future.

Damian William Clark, Maria Emelina Lopez, you have chosen to be married in the sight of a generous God, who so loved the world, that he gave himself to us in the person of Jesus Christ. And in the spirit of this generous God, husband and wife are to give themselves to each other. As their spiritual life grows together, faithful and committed relationships offer a door into the mystery of spiritual life in which we discover this: the more we give of self, the richer we become in soul. The more we go beyond ourselves in love, the more we become our true selves and our spiritual beauty is more fully revealed.

Marriage is the seeking of bringing one another, into a fuller, more in-depth life. It is of course, very hard to wean ourselves from our self-centeredness. The struggle to share one’s life with another is no small task, but the reward, greatly deserved. Your partner is, after all, a continuation of yourself, and the decision, on who you love, must be solemnly made, and never regretted. You have both made your decision today. “I will.” And by making this new relationship, you are extending your trust in your partner, ready to go on many roads and adventures, through happiness and the unfortunate. And when life leads you down a road that may seem unimaginably tough, and sometimes flooded with despair, you must still go on, with the hope still burning inside your heart, that there is beauty and bliss at the end.

As marriage opens a whole new door of opportunity, you must both remain humble. Always go to bed thanking God that you have found one another. Always wake up with the same joyous spirit and respect for one another, as you feel right now. Never let your love for one another go un-spoken. Know that we are all incomplete. We all need the love which is secure, but never oppressive; we need mutual forgiveness in order to strive. But as we move towards our partner in love, following the example of Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit is quickened with us and can increasingly fill our lives with light. And this will lead onto family life, in which the next generation can receive and exchange those gifts which can overcome fear and division and incubate the coming world of the spirit, whose fruits are joy and love and peace.

I pray that all of us present here today, will do everything in our power, to support and uphold you in your new life. And I pray that God will bless you in the way of life that you have chosen; that way which is expressed in the prayer that you have composed together in preparation of this day.
October 1st, 2012 at 11:51pm