Not Being Heard

The worst feeling as a person who is very loud, creative and outspoken is when you aren't being heard. Wherether you are being ignored, someone isn't understanding what you are saying, or if you simply don't have enough "Street Cred" for people to care. These types of situations usually will make you feel alone, frustrated, sad, angry or a who other mix of feelings. There are a few diffrent ways to deal with these feelings, and here is the advice I am going to give anyone facing feelings related to not being heard.

Feeling Alone- Surround yourself with close friends. The kind that will listen to you even if you have nothing important to say. Not only will you be heard, they will most likley put you in a better mood than you were to start with.

Frustrated- Find your stress relief. Singing, running, sports, whatever. Letting out stress will make you relax, and will make you feel better.

Sad- Sorrow is something that is hard to deal with, and diffrent people handle it diffrent ways. Some people (like myself) just need to lay down, listen to loud music, and cry. Some people have other ways to deal with it. My advice is to do whatever makes you feel better. Just don't hold it in. Holding it in will end very poorly for you.

Angry- Anger. What a bitch anger is. Anger makes us do very odd, and very regretful things. I have dented walls out of anger. I have said things that I wish I could take back becuase of anger. All I can say is that if you're angry, let yourself calm down before you make ANY decisions.

All in all not being heard can lead to some dangerous things, it's what you do with those things and how you handle those things that will make or break you.

-Don't Forget To Be Awesome
<3 Ashley
October 3rd, 2012 at 01:08am