Same Love.



I'm very scared. Not for myself. But for equal rights and for love and hope.

I am scared that the president this country elects will ruin all the progress we're making. I'm worried that this man will take away my best friend's hope, his love, and his future. Why should I be allowed to marry but he can't? We aren't any different. Same eye color, same hair color, same age, same religion, same love. Why would this country allow his human rights to be taken away? Does the Constitution mean nothing to those "sinners"? No! Sinners have rights, why not gays? How could you tell them their love is wrong?

Love is never wrong!

"The right-wing conservatives think its a decision,
And you can be cured with some treatment and religion.
Man-made, rewiring of a pre-disposition.
Playing God
Ahh nah, here we go...
America the brave
Still fears what we don't know
And 'God loves all His children' is somehow forgotten.
But we paraphrase a book written
3,500 hundred years ago
I don't know"


What happened to "Separation of Church and State"? Why is religion influencing our government? Why is your religion making laws?

How dare you.

"And that Holy Water
That you soak in
Is then poisoned
When everyone else
Is more comfortable
Remaining voiceless
Rather than fighting for humans
That have had their rights stolen
I might not be the same
But that's not important
No freedom 'til we're equal
Damn right, I support it"


You don't understand his love? Their love? It's one love. They love each other the same way you love your wife. Your hate kills us all. Breaks my heart. Tears me down. I love him, and those boys love each other.

It's one love. Our love.

Kids are walkin' around the hallway
Plagued by pain in their heart
A world so hateful
Someone would rather die
Than be who they are
And a certificate on paper
Isn't gonna solve it all
But it's a damn good place to start
No law's gonna change us
We have to change us
Whatever god you believe in
We come from the same one
Strip away the fear
Underneath it's all the same love
About time that we raised up


A world so hateful, that someone would rather die than be who they are.
And a certificate on paper isn't gonna solve it all...
But it's a damn good place to start.


Don't you dare take his rights away. He deserves love, too. The same kind as everyone else.
I am scared that a man is going to walk in and destroy everything. That's he's going to break my heart. That's he's going to shove his beliefs down our throats. That's he's going to change my country. Destroy the progress.
October 3rd, 2012 at 11:57pm