Twitter Problems Rant

Ok, so in hopes of getting my story out there to fellow Glee and Darren fans, I sent out the link to whoever looked to be a DC and Glee fan. Unfortunately, because I did this, my account got suspended because what I was doing was considered an abuse or spamming. This was the message I got from Twitter.

"This account was suspended for sending multiple unsolicited messages using the @reply and/or mention feature. These features are intended to make communication between people on Twitter easier. Twitter monitors the use of these features to make sure they are used as intended and not for abuse. Using either feature to post messages to a bunch of users in an unsolicited or egregious manner is considered an abuse of its use, which results in account suspension."

I sent a message back to them in appeal for the suspension, and I was told that my suspension would be lifted and that everything would be restored in a hour or so. So, an hour later, I checked my Twitter and it appeared to be back and everything looked good again. By this time, I had gotten some replies from some of the friends that I had made on the site, so I went to reply to one of them, but it wouldn't let me post it. Next thing I know, my account is suspended again. I was never told that I had to wait any specific time before I could use it again. I just sent another appeal and I'm hoping that they will lift it again, and soon, especially with the Break Up happening tomorrow! I want to be connected to my peeps!

I am just so frustrated and angry right now and I'm anxiously waiting for a reply email from Twitter. It's funny how when you first hear about Twitter, it's like oh, I'm not going to get addicted to this, but now I am and I'm dying not being able to go on it. It sucks like crazy and if this counts as a second suspension, I don't know if they will lift it a second time. Ugh! So frustrating!

Anyone have advice or anything?
October 4th, 2012 at 03:03am