Mibba Noob

I met a new friend the other day who told me she wrote for a website. After we talked about a few books and what type of writing we like to do I thought this might be a nice site and community to post my work and hope to get some feedback (positive or negative) as most of the stuff I write on sites such as tumblr or a friends website (rainbowchair.wordpress.com) goes unnoticed and unread.

I would one day like to publish a memoirs book of writings I've done in the past of articles I've wrote, insightful blogs, and poems. I think it would be a great read for my kids or grand kids one day and even for kids in the next generation. I enjoy reading short stories but I've become accustomed to writing longer sequel stories. I guess when I write I always visual it as a movie or a TV show. I also feel like I write best when I'm in bad moods so my blogs from time to time might be pretty bitter.

I don't really have any formulas or advice for new writers other than to just keep writing and look at the editing later. My formula is normally a "keep it real" style. I like to write a ton of dialogue and write how people speak which leaves a lot of fragments and run on sentences.

As I said I am new to this site and I am still trying to figure it out. If you have any advice feel free to send me a comment or friend request. I will be uploading a book, more chapters to The Boy and The Bookstore, as well as some articles, and poems soon.
October 5th, 2012 at 05:21am