I Think I Got A Job?

I had a job interview today scheduled at 3 in the Chicago area. It's about an hour and a half away from where I'm living. The job simplified is basically a data collector for professional sports games. I got there early and thought it was going to be a simple office meeting going over my resume and some information on what is expected of this job. A possible joke and pat on the back was all I really expected. I went in and had to fill out a job application and take a sports survey. I thought I knew sports pretty well but wow this was a tough survey. I definitely don't know anything about soccer or golf I can't name the leaders and totals of sports best. I don't remember every contract. I think I had fifteen correct out of thirty and a possible five more correct.

Anyways, I wasn't expecting this but I went ahead and did some of the training after a brief explanation of what I was doing. Over an hour later I finally had the job interview. By now It was past dinner time and I was feeling extremely dehydrated. We talked about my resume and I asked a few questions about the job and then we talked about some stuff somewhere in the middle. Needless to say I was kind of puzzled leaving the place because I was expecting a half hour interview to possibly get this job and somehow I was there for four hours tracking and training and talking about scheduling.

The weird thing about the whole thing is that I don't ever things I've had that official job interview. Every time I've gone in for an interview I always just end up being offered the job and asked when I can start. I'm assuming this is sort of the same thing. I guess I will wait for an email asking what days I can work in the next few days. The only bad thing about not knowing is that this job is third shift and I need to start training my body to function all night and sleep during the day.

1) Do you think I got this job?

This is just me talking out loud doing some math.

Drive to and from = half tank of gas = $30-35
Time 1 hour 20 minutes. (varies, actual 3rd shift)
2 tolls = $6/ 6 tolls = 18
Each shift 8 hours = $150

Per day:
150-36=$114
150-53= $97

Per tank: (average)
300-66-12=222

2) Do you think it's worth it to work full time? Part time?
October 6th, 2012 at 06:29am