Keeping You In The Know

For those of you that have been hanging onto the small hope that one day I may actually get around to updating my stories, this apology and explanation is for you.

First off, I would like to take this oppurtunity to apologize for how sporadic my updating schedule has become. It's not because I have no interest in continuing with my stories, or that I can't be bothered, it simply boils down to me appearing to have lost the ability to be able to form a piece of writing that I feel is worthy of your attention and comments. For more than a year now, I have had a flow of ideas, made notes and outlines here and there, but when it comes to the process of putting them all together, the creativity that I once possessed seems to have evaporated.

There have been a few changes in my life over this period of time, one major one being my job. I have taken on a different role within my work place for the last fifteen months, and it's proved to be challenging, stressful and a huge consumer of my time. It's caused me to work hours that mean what spare time and energy I do have, I utilize to concentrate on the most important part of my life, my daughter. On the odd occasions I actually have time for myself, I crave to write. I even get as far as opening up the documents on my computer, my notebook beside me, yet after a few lines, I simply get stumped and have to close the page, in the hope that I can get back to it and get it all to make sense.

However, over the last few weeks, I have found myself making copious amounts of notes and outlines for Let Me In, to the point where I even know how I want the story to end for Beth and Brian. Even as I write this, I have a half-written update sitting open in another window, all of which has been written today, and so far appears to be flowing well, even if it's not quite up to the quality I want it to be just yet. This has led me to the conclusion that maybe for now, I am better off concentrating on one story at a time, in the hope that once I finish Let Me In, my mind will be free to begin getting inspiration for one of my other stories.

I cannot guarantee that updates will come thick and fast, but I can promise that they will happen. If there isn't one for a couple of weeks, it won't be because I've given up again, it will simply be because my priorities will have been elsewhere. The loyalty of my readers is something I appreciate greatly, and I feel horrible for having tested that loyalty so much this past year or so. Those of you that don't read Let Me In, your comments on other stories on how much you love them and would like an update have not fallen on deaf ears. I know how frustrating it must be for you to be left in limbo, but I will get to them, I just can't give you a time scale as to when.

I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank each and every one of you who read, subscribe and comment. It really does mean so much, and if it wasn't for you guys, I probably would have thrown in the towel a long time ago. The update that I'm working on will hopefully be up by the end of the week, so fingers crossed that this is a new beginning for me.

Once again, thank you all so much for your patience and understanding. You guys are amazing.

Andie xx
October 7th, 2012 at 05:22pm