On Updates - Updated.

Two weeks ago I posted a blog stating that I might be gone for a while due to some medical issues, which may or may not have meant I required surgery. Well, I saw my specialist and was told that yes, I need surgery. That's the bad news.

The good news is that I should only be in the hospital for a day - no staying overnight! - so it shouldn't make too much of an impact on my life. Which means not falling too far behind in reading, and updating my single active story won't be delayed by a hospital stay.

Speaking of my single active story, which is feeling a little neglected at the moment, I'm hoping that there will be updates in the foreseeable future. I'm pushing through my writer's block as I type this, and having been unexpectedly inspired today I'm more anxious than ever to carry the story on and bring it to my readers. I'm fifteen chapters in and still incredibly proud of the way that Lost is turning out, so I hope you all continue to enjoy it too.

I've decided that I really do want to start taking my writing more seriously as well, so I'm going to try to write more often, and to write anything that comes to mind. I want to re-train myself to write short stories (because honestly, I can't do it - I need chaptered stories!) and start getting things up on here for you guys. Then, once things start to fall into place and I decide that I'm ready, I'm going to open up an author page on Facebook and perhaps start gathering supporters there. Everybody has to start somehow, right? And this is the way of the future.

I still have a long way to go, of course. But thank you to everybody for your support. It's muchly appreciated.
October 10th, 2012 at 11:12am