46 Random Facts about the Lunacy Fringe

Random facts from the first generation.
1. In For Felix, Clara refers to the optometrist she works for as “Dr. Mitchell.” In Newspaper Taxies Clara’s granddaughter Diamond falls in love with Conrad Mitchell. A descendent of Dr. Mitchell.
2. You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away was made as per a request.
3. Rick and Crystal were never meant to have a deeper or more meaningful relationship. Theirs was originally based on my parents relationship and changed when I started writing their story.
4. In the second chapter of For Felix, Clara takes Alexander to a butcher/deli where she orders lunch. The man behind the counter only has one line. But years later his daughter marries Clara and Alexander’s son. The man is Rick Emery.
5. For Felix is the only story in the series not named after a song or lyric.
6. Rick’s real name is Marcus Richard Emery Jr. He goes by Rick since his father goes by Mark. His mother is never named.
7. Crystal’s dad set up Rick’s job in Detroit to keep Rick and Crystal apart.
8. Crystal told Quinn about Ruby when he was younger. Rick however, did not tell Ruby about Quinn until she figured it out for herself.

Random facts from the second generation.
9. Ruby was named after my dog. A Jack Russell terrier.
10. Quinn was named after a street I was living on at the time I started the story.
11. I got the idea for Billie’s name from my sister. We made fake names so that we could communicate through things like chalkboards and TV shoutouts without using our real names. Hers was Billie.
12. Felix wasn’t always Felix. He was originally named after a different famous cat. But when I gave that name to my son I changed his name to Felix and it worked better for the character.
13. Felix originally had a sister. She never lasted more than a mention.
14. The first draft of the Lunacy Fringe started in 2006. Ruby had an iPod and Billie had a purple cellphone, as well as a Lakers backpack.
15. Ruby also had an encounter with Ray Toro of My Chemical Romance later in the story. And originally Felix’s cousin Cyrena married Gerard Way, not Freddy.
16. Ruby and Felix’s first meeting actually took place in New York at the age of three. Not in New Jersey at the age of seventeen.
17. Quinn and Ruby were born on October 31st, 1957.
18. Ruby only started playing piano to compete with a classmate in Detroit.
19. The Lunacy Fringe was my first original fiction.
20. Paul Di Angelo made another appearance in a different story.
21. Majority of Ruby’s injuries are based on real injuries that either happened to me or people I know. Most of them are exaggerated.
22. Both Ruby and Quinn took their parent’s names as their middle names. Ruby Crystal Emery and Quinn Marcus Williamson.
23. The Lunacy Fringe took me four years to complete.
24. Strawberry Fields was originally titled “Vanilla Twilight.”
25. The story was created so that I could write the scene in the Lunacy Fringe where Ruby overhears Felix telling their children about how he collected his gems.
26. Felix’s middle name is Mallory.
27. I never thought the story would go passed 50 chapters, let alone that it would become a series.
28. Billie and Quinn were never supposed to have their own story. But after I received numerous requests to write their story, I decided to give it a shot.
29. Billie and Quinn’s children are named after Billie’s grandparents, Marco and Gianna Giovanni.
30. When she grows up, Billie’s name is Wilhelmina Williamson.
31. I wrote Strawberry Fields simply because I wanted to write the chapter where Quinn attacks Felix.
32. Aaron and Bethany had a relationship after The Lunacy Fringe ended. They had a daughter together named Blythe. After the relationship fell apart Bethany and Blythe moved to Boston. Blythe remains Beth’s only child.
33. Fred and Cyrena also had another child after the main story ended. They named him Oscar.
34. Billie and Quinn had an unexpected pregnancy years later. Since Quinn was so hell bent on never having any more children, I decided that Billie conned or tricked him into it.
35. I originally planned to end the Lunacy Fringe with Ruby finding out she was expecting another baby, thus carrying on the curse. I never really felt like it was a strong ending. So I changed it to the accident and carried the curse on with Pearl.
36. My original plan for Such a Brilliant Star also involved Ruby getting pregnant again. But I figured Ruby was dead set on never having any more children and it was unlikely. Thus, Audrey was born to Quinn and Billie instead.
37. So Far Gone is the only story in the series that doesn’t follow the main storyline. It was written as an alternate universe where Rick and Crystal stayed together.
38. Jake Froud was never meant to have a bigger part in the story. Originally he attacked Ruby at their high school reunion, but my computer deleted a good 50+ pages and took that one with it. When I rewrote it I decided he wouldn’t have acted so violently toward her. His anger does not stem from still loving her. Jake got over Ruby fairly quickly. His anger stems from his deteriorating marriage and carrier. He only took it out on Ruby due to the fact that she was with Felix, a man he decided never deserved to be happy.

Random facts from the third generation.
39. Pearl’s story was originally written as a fanfiction and took place in Southern California. The character’s name was Scarlet. She lived with her single mother. The story never progressed more than the first 15 chapters and the idea for the plot. When I was coming up with a story for Pearl I decided to give her Scarlet’s plotline. Scarlet died and the story took off for Pearl, resulting in a full sized sequel.
40. Kellen was originally an American boy who lived in New York with his single dad and little sister. He became English when I found a picture of a reasonable Pearl and Kellen and the boy reminded me of an English actor.
41. Kellen was named after an Irish character from a book of short stories.
42. Diamond and Pearl are one month older than me. They were born in September of 1986.
43. Newspaper Taxies was also never meant to happen until someone suggested I write about Diamond’s life.
44. There are two more stories in the series yet to be updated. Kellen is going to have his own story, as well as Jett.
45. Conrad was originally a very minor character in Such a Brilliant Star. He was never meant to have more than one or two lines, let alone a full story.
46. Jett’s story was supposed to be a standalone original fiction. But then I had the idea of turning it into Jett’s story and I was happy that way.

First Generation Stories
You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away
For Felix
Second Generation Stories
The Lunacy Fringe
Strawberry Fields
Pretty Melody
So Far Gone
Third Generation Stories
Such a Brilliant Star
Newspaper Taxies
Golden Slumbers
New American Classic

Since only one story in this series is complete, I might have more random facts to update later. But this is my collection at the moment. ^.^
October 10th, 2012 at 07:58pm