Help me name a character!

Okay guys, I need a little help. I'm having difficulties naming the female protagonist in my NaNoWriMo. She's got a younger sister, and has always been raised by her single mum. They're not quite on the poverty line but edging close to it, so basically she's a fighter. I was looking for names that mean something like warrior, or strong and I have a few but I can't narrow them down.

Connie, Charlotte, Olivia, Valerie, or with a totally different meaning (but I love the name a lot), May?

Also, her sister is called Tilly.

Appearance-wise, she's tall and slightly above "average" weight, pear shaped, with shoulder length straight brown hair (full fringe). Light brown eyes, light complexion, and really sensitive skin. She has close together eyes and a bottom lip significantly bigger than the top. It seems a little silly to go into so much detail but I really want a name that matches her.

And as far as the plot of the NaNo, it's an original sort of student/teacher story. Basically, she's 17 and in college (in the UK, though, so the system is a little different) and she gets into a sort of fling with a former teacher (from her school). The story itself I hope will be more about her than the relationship though, but we'll see where it goes.

Any help with her name would be seriously appreciated! ^_^
October 10th, 2012 at 11:10pm