I Feel Like An Evil Genius

I always seem to hop on Mibba past 11pm everyday and by then nobody is really on here in the US because they're in bed by then. I can't help it but I always seem to have my creative juices flowing when its late at night. Maybe it's the stillness and the quiet of the night that allows me to focus. I don't have people texting me or calling me and I can just go about my business without any disruptions. I guess I've also evolved and slowly turned myself into a person who stays up all night and sleeps all morning. I guess my own character as the evil genius has grown into that with all the pressure and anger of job searching during the day I just don't have anything I need to wake up for anymore. I'd rather hide away in the night. My only problem is that right now I'm currently stuck on a story (hench why I'm writing this blog). When you first start a new story you already have half of the story planned out or have several stories in your head and all you have to do is simply give put it down on paper. You add a little detail and a little flash and then you use a lot of dialogue to get the tone right. Well after awhile you start actually thinking and figuring out "where am I going with this? Is my character dynamic enough? Do I need to introduce new characters? Plot twist? Or should I just end find a way to end it?"

Well I have a story going that I have posted on here. I always have a ton of ideas swirling around in my head that I'm sure if I just focused on one and got started I'd be fine but I'm stuck in that actually thinking process and not writing. I'm at A and I want to get to J before I get to W but I need to fill the stuff in-between to keep it interesting and give me back story. I basically need more buildup but I'm impatient and want to get to all the action and craziness. I've written out of order before and sometimes it can work but then you really have to be careful with that you say and boy do I hate having to worry about being careful. I think I'm going to just watch Netflix all night and let the ideas swirl around in my evil genius brain until I figure out which is my top choice. If anyone is curious about what I'm talking about I'm talking about the 2nd half of "The Boy and the Bookstore."

1) When you write how far ahead do you look? Do you look at where you're going at all?
2) When do you normally sit down and do your writing?
3) How often do you tend to work on your stories?

- The Natural
October 12th, 2012 at 07:18am