The One Time I Need to Get Something Done...

Don't you hate writers block? Yup, yup, me too. Don't you love it when the block wears off and waves of new ideas wash over your brain? Most definatly. BUT, don't you hate it soooo very much when the block wears off at the most inconvinient time? YES.

It's been killing me since about 11 o'clock last night. There I was, minding my own business, when all of a sudden, I woke up.

"Hook," I thought to myself. "THAT'S IT!" Ah ha ha ha ha! I'm getting my ideas back! Yes! *punches the air* This is great! Finally, the creative juices are flowing once again! The only problem? It's the middle of the night. I am supposed to be asleep. Shoot.

Okay, so I go back to sleep. I woke up the next morning, all worried because I usually forget my nighttime epiphanies by morning, and racked my brain for that story idea. It's still there! The golden angel of writing is smiling upon me, I decided. (Just a warning, this next sentance is a dramatization. I never actually do this) I bounced out of bed and bounded into the kitchen. (Dramatization over.) I fed my dog, took him outside to do his shook-um, and plopped down at my computer, ready to tick-tick-tick away at my keyboard all morning. That's when it happened.

"Here is your list of chores," my mom said innocently, dropping a foot long list on my laptop. I say foot long, but I mean 7 inch. I just knew that it was going to take me a while to do all of the things listed. I knew better than to argue, so I, with a drooping head, stood up, and started on the list as my mom left for work.

So, the moral of the story is: when I get a story idea, I will probably have to do things the next day. How cool am I? I can predict stuff like that! Oh, but I wish I couldn't.

Anyway, it's about 2 o'clock right now (in the afternoon, not the morning, silly reader. I don't do that all the time) and I am FINALLY able to write out this story. First, though, I am writing this blog. I mean, I've waited this long, why not wait a little bit longer? No, that's not why I am doing this first. I am writing this first, because I wanted to get a little input on this new idea. Here goes:

So, the idea is this: It's the life of Captain Hook before the "Hook". When he's just Captain. It was inspired by a few things. The idea was triggered when I was watching Once Upon a Time yesterday, and in the preview after the season opener, it showed a clip of the new character Captain Hook. Now, we all know Hook as that crazy, long-haired, kind of ugly-looking guy from the Disney movie, but no. This guy (Colin O'Donoghue) is...pardon my French, but he's sexy! (Just saying. Funny enough, though I really think it's the eyeliner that does it. He's not spetacularily georgous normally, but as Hook....ermahgersh...) I'm kind of a fan-girl about men with dark hair and blue eyes, and this man is the epitome. So, that was what triggered it. I also pulled inspiration from Pirates of the Carribbean and Norah Jones' "Chasing Pirates".

Yes, this story is a romance. However, I recently discovered that romances can be well written without sounding cheesey and predictable. I promised myself I would never write a romantic story, but this can be an exception. I'm actually pretty excited about it.

Anywho, I am working on the first chapter now. I rated it PG-13 for violence, although I will probably move it down to a PG once I have written a bit more.

Don't worry all my little sci-fi fans, I will keep working on "Someone's Destiny". I'm going to alternated between the two, so when I run out of ideas for one, I'll just work on the other. :) I hope you all enjoy it!

--Ash
ashestographite@gmail.com
October 12th, 2012 at 10:25pm