Hard to Love

A girl sent me these lyrics from Lee Brice because we tend to send each other songs that make us think of each other. I thought this song actually fit me really well even though she didn't mean it that way. She thought she was hard to love even though she's not. She's just stubborn sometimes.

I am insensitive I have a tendency
To pay more attention to the things that I need.
Sometimes I drink to much, sometimes I test your trust,
Sometimes I don't know why you're staying with me?

I'm hard to love, hard to love,
I don't make it easy,
I couldn't do it if I stood where you stood
I'm hard to love, hard to love,
You say that you need me,
I don't deserve it but I love that you love me.
Good

I definitely feel like I am this kind of person when I've been in a relationship. I know people can fall in love at a young age but I've always had this notion in the back of my mind that's it's not going to last because I'm too young and realistically something will happen and break up. It's caused me to be cold or hard. It makes me hard to deal with at times because I've never really been that 100% open or vulnerable. I've always thought about what I'm doing and what I need to be doing to get ahead in school or in my career and if she's apart of it great, but if she's not I'll survive without her. But because I've always been like this I'm still prone to act the same way. Whether it be a friend or a future lover I know I'm hard to deal with and I'm hard to love. I just have way too many layers that I don't like to unfold. I've always had this belief that if the girl isn't curious enough to press the right buttons or isn't determined enough to keep asking she never will be and she'll never get past the hardships that I hide behind. See... I am the hard one to love.

-The Natural
October 13th, 2012 at 01:53am