NOT. FAIR.

Homecoming skits have come and gone (JUNIORS DID AWESOME), but it's all come with a price.

That guy. That absolutely perfect guy. That life-ruining guy who (as far as I know) is straight.

He was in the senior skit. Their theme was the circus. He played the gypsy king. They had a live performance (so badass) with brass instruments, guitar, banjo, drums, and vocals.

And he played the accordion.

Also, I figured out that he's been nominated for homecoming king. I think homecoming court is a stupid popularity contest, but you know what? This is a kid that actually deserves it. This is a bright, gifted sweetheart of a kid who needs to STOP RUINING MY LIFE.

Image

Two of my friends and I spent all of lunch, yesterday, gushing over him. I've kept my crush on him secret (no one to really confide in, I suppose), but as soon as my friend mentioned him and how perfect he is, it was on.

Homecoming carnival on Thursday night, I took my friend from a different school in the district and I introduced her to this guy after telling her that I like him. When we walked away, all she said was, "I approve."

And as I continued to describe him, her reaction went something like, "Oh my god. Oh my GOD. OH MY GOD, HOW DOES SOMEONE LIKE HIM EVEN EXIST?"

Adfhgkhlkjkh. When I was talking to him before the second performance of the senior skit, he was speaking in his gypsy king accent (pretty much just Russian), talking about how his grandmother danced for 49 hours straight and collapsed dead, but then he partied. Which are lines from the skit. He can make any combination of words, tone of voice, and accent attractive.

Me, pretty much just whenever he opens his mouth:

Image

He has a habit of leaning in close when he speaks to me. He probably does it to everyone, but I only notice when it's me.

It isn't fair. Life, what even is this? I meet this deep, brilliant, insightful, down-to-earth, gorgeous, SINGLE, charming, cordial (and it's not the fake kind of niceness, either, 'cause he's Mormon; that shit is genuine) guy who composes beautiful music, directs and acts, would rather go hiking or surfing than loaf around on the internet, plays the piano, violin, guitar, apparently the accordion, and god knows what else, has the best taste in film and music, the best and most logical world views, a guy who I can and have talk(ed) to for two hours straight about every intellectually stimulating topic in the book, a guy who compliments me and my work like I'm a god and makes me feel better about myself than I ever remember anyone doing -- AND HE'S STRAIGHT.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Leave me to die.
October 13th, 2012 at 06:33pm