That One Message.

You know that one message you have saved? The one you should really delete?

Everyone has, or has had, one.

Mine is the extremely long message my ex-girlfriend sent me, telling me that she can't do relationships, because she was more interested in the chase, than the actual relationship. She said she didn't want to hurt me, so she was leaving me, before I could get too attached.

I was sixteen when we dated. She was twenty-one. She was one of the only girls I have ever loved.

Needless to say, I was broken. I didn't reply to the message, or answer any of her calls. I was weak. I deleted her from my life, like you would a file on a computer. Pictures, number, messages: all deleted, but one.
I cry when I read that message, because I truly did love her.

Now, eighteen years old, and slightly wiser, I look back at that message. I regret how I reacted. I was weak, and I was angry. I wanted nothing to do with her.
Today, I read that message again. All I want to do is talk to her again, even if it is just once.
I want to ask her is she's okay, if she's happy. That's all I care about.

One year and four months doesn't seem like a long time, but I have grown in that time.
I'm no longer angry, just regretful, and a little upset.

Andii, I still love you. <3
October 14th, 2012 at 09:27pm