Homecoming Part 2 & Halo Heart Attacks

First things first, I have to have a little rant about our homecoming.

The parade. Seniors, of course, got first in the little class competition. I have no problems with it this year. Their float? It was kick ass and Star Wars themed. Probably the coolest float I've seen since I moved here. My class tied with the juniors for second place, and freshmen got last place. I watched about two minutes of the parade, and was just like fuck it, I'm leaving. It's cold.

The game. I don't know how that went, other than unless we made an awesome comeback, we lost. Horribly. As usual. I payed attention for about five minutes. All I know is that one of my friends got sacked pretty hard. You heard the thunk even from the other side of the football field, where I was standing. But, the kid stood right back up and kept going.

The dance. Wow. And not in a good way. That had to be the lamest fucking dance I've ever been to. No dancing. Just awkward hand motions because there was a chaperon for every two kids, and the minute someone was dancing closer than about an arm's length away, we got yelled at.

And let's not forget the fact that the principal is a douche bag. Barely let me leave the dance when my mom was waiting right outside. Ugh. It wasn't even that the music was bad. The music was fucking great. We had a kick ass DJ and everything. There were just hardly any people and no dancing. Just fucking lame.

Image


On another note, Halo heart attacks. I just gave myself one. I've been working on kicking the first Halo's ass (for like, the fiftieth time), and I totally forgot about the Hunters that drop down from the Truth & Reconciliation, just before you board it via the gravity lift.

So, I took over one of the gunner's turrets right outside of the gravity lift, and was just killing Covenant as they dropped down. And right when I think, sweet, we can board now, the fucking Hunters drop down. I killed one pretty much immediately, jumping out of the turret and using my sniper rifle. Nailed it almost instantly.

Now, I'd forgotten about the second one. I was hiding behind a rock while he was shooting at me, occasionally popping up to take a shot at him. Then, the next time I pop up, he's not there. The Hunter is right in front of me. Almost gave me a fucking heart attack.

Then, he decides to charge me, coming around the rock. I can't shoot him, too close to use my sniper rifle, and not enough time to switch to my assault rifle, which only has one round left in it anyways.

So, I do the only thing I can think of. Melee attack. Whacked it right in the head, and bam. Drops dead right in front of me.

Holy shit, that almost gave me a heart attack, because I'm like, shit, I'm going to have to go back and do all this fucking shit again. Damn it. Then I killed it.

Whoops.

So, if any of you play Halo, what was your most heart attack inducing kill?
October 14th, 2012 at 11:26pm