I Need New Friends

First and foremost I don't write these type of things for you. I don't expect comments. I write them to let off steam because a lot of the things I want to say or want to do would easily end relationships. The friends I have are incredible. And I don't mean incredible in a good way I mean incredible with how self-absorbed they are and how selfish they are. I get tired of being around them but they're really all I have left when I'm back home. The smallest snipe or snide remark that is the smallest of a dig it now sets me off. It gets under my skin and I just want to tear them down by everyone of their insecurities.

Person 1:
Is probably one of the most oblivious people I know. The guy is afraid of his shadow. He's so afraid to go out and ask people for advice or go out and get a real job. He's not a famous but I'll call him a YouTube darling anyways. He makes YouTube videos for small little paychecks. He'll say stuff that he doesn't really mean just so it rubs people the wrong way and they'll comment and argue with him. I've been a supporter of him for years. I've come up with ideas for him to shoot or even held the camera for him when he's asked me to. I've been in a few of his movies. I've spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on this kid. I've bought him dinners, drove him to places, and introduced him to so many people it's ridiculous. But anytime I need him for the smallest of favors it's like I'm asking him to give me his kidney or something. I asked him to make a phone call for me one day when I didn't have my phone and he couldn't do it. What the hell is that? I've gotten so sick of his crap that I've stopped trying to hang out with him and he's not the type of person to show up somewhere without an invite. I can't image how many time he actually leaves his house. I used to feel sorry for him and wanted to include him in everything and now I could really give a shit about him.

Person 2:
I feel like I constantly complain about him through a variety of different writing sites. The guy is incredibly selfish, spoiled, and oblivious as well. You will never hear a thank you out of his mouth. In his mind it's always something that he deserves. The worst part is that my one of my best friends has basically become his wing man too and you never really see them apart from one another. Whenever I pick a fight with person 1 he will always come to his defense by saying sarcastic statements to try and delude the situation. You're just as fucking bad is he is! You want to come to me and cry on my shoulder every time something real actually happens to you or your family. And sadly I always listen and give my input but you never even ask me how things are going.

Ever since high school when your best friend messed around with your cousin and you stopped being friends with him I've stood up for you. I was the one who allowed you to be a typical teenager and experience parties, and chasing girls, and staying out all night tagging cars and messing with randoms. I was always the one constant in the story and I let you enjoy it, but come to find out years later all those girls you met you were actually sneaking out and messing around with them. And who was getting the blame for this? Somehow you were at my house even when you weren't. You used me way more than anyone I've ever known. It didn't matter if I even liked the girl or not you would go after it. I can think of three girls off the top of my head I helped you date when they thought you might be a jerk. I guess they were right.

I came and visited you at college how many times when you were feeling home sick? I was seven hours away from your school! Never once did you ever come visit me. You went on a road trip to the state I went to college in and didn't want me to come with you. You're the biggest arrogant asshole I've ever known. Yet I laugh off all your stupid snide remarks all the time and let you bask in your own glory. When really I want to attack you with everything I got. I want to make fun of you because you're a journalist that never writes his own thoughts and material. You're so afraid that people will judge you for who you are and what you have to say that you created a website with a fake name. You don't even use your real name on Facebook because you're afraid job searchers and your boss are going to find you and realize you're just a pot smoking nobody.

I laugh because you're a young 23 year old and you're losing your hair. I've always known your the insecure type of guy who compares himself to the people you're around. I used to be that guy that you'd try and tear me down to make you look better around a group of people. I let it happen because I wasn't afraid of who I was and I knew how you were. You dive into one night stands and meaningless relationships because you ruined the one real relationship you had by cheating on her in your "insecure moment" where you just wanted to feel good enough. You're still the same way. You hook up with past chicks and girls you meet at the bars. I honestly wouldn't feel any sympathy for you if you ended up with an STD.

You complain about your parents so much. At least they care about you. You have no idea how many people are out there completely clueless who they are and get nothing from their parents. I remember you drove drunk and got pulled over and your family got the whole thing dropped. Are you fucking kidding me? You're one of the luckiest people without even doing a damn thing for it. I honestly feel so much better for venting this because otherwise I would just want to get in a fight with you. I'm usually a pretty chill person when we hang out but I might have to start being a dick again and point out the flaws in your arguments. The only issue is you're usually around "your friends" who all think the same way and it'll just end up a 5 on 1 argument. Regardless I'm going to do it.

-The Natural
October 16th, 2012 at 01:32am