Power Behind Words

Okay I’m going to take a few minutes to say something.
There are three things that have been said to me over the past couple months that are not acceptable.

1. “You’re an idiot.”
2. “Do you have to buy your friends?”
3. “You play victim a lot.”

Here’s the thing, the words you say that might not affect you but have an affect on someone else. The words you say, hurt and can do a lot of damage. Because the words you’ve spoken can make a person feel like they’re not good enough, that they’re less of a person and can encourage self harm.

I haven’t cut in about a month and a half and yet every day I fight with my depression. When the time comes I think about all things that people have said to me. I try not to but it happens regardless because words stick with me.

1. Yeah I’m not a genius and I have trouble with my classes but you don’t have to remind me.
2. No, I don’t. And the fact you say that questions our friendship. At the time you said that I was thinking of William and the fact he brought all his merch to my house. Think what you want, but that was cruel.
3.That was the rudest thing you could ever say to me. I have had a lot of struggles and sure I probably have but let me tell you my life was out of control last year.

And I’m sure I’m guilty of saying rude things but I try not to. That’s all I’m asking people. Think before you speak and if you even think it can be taken the wrong way, you probably shouldn’t say it.

I’m not trying to target anyone or make anyone feel bad. All I’m saying is watch for the power behind your words.
October 16th, 2012 at 06:22am