This Presidential Debate is Ridiculous

Besides the blatant bullshit and lying through omission done by both parties, and the somewhat watered down verison of Martha Raddatz as a moderator (and the blatant offensiveness of the women's rights debate) I really didn't like the debate.

I don't like either of them. I'll be voting Gary Johnson. Neither of the candidates are particularly well versed in the economy, and as much as Romney likes to boast that he is a business owner and what not, his ideology is completely opposite of obama and too similar to that of the Bush administration.

You have two candidates that both support U.S. military involvement in the Middle East that have committed no acts of war against the US, and yet justify planned military action when no state of war exists.

Both candidates believe in the promotion of the US citizens tax dollars going towards the domino effect and the liberty and security of everyone on the planet when our deficit could practically buy ever third world country on the planet.

Both candidates agree that the NDAA bill which has provisions allowing the arrest and indefinite detention of U.S. citizens by the military without due process, which essentially verbatum conflicts with the 4th and 5th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution.

It's also almost universally acknowledged that social security and medicare have unfunded liabilites that can never be paid, with Medicare representing the graver financial threat. Yet, not allowing U.S. citizens who weren't even born when these programs were started don't have a right to opt out of them?

Neither candidates plan to physically reduce the deficit, they just plan to reduce the increase of the deficit.

Both fully support the Federal Reserve.

Neither of them know anything about foreign policy.

It's appalling and I truly fear for the continuation of the US economy and livelihood for the next four years regardless.
October 17th, 2012 at 05:02am