because if I put lol, we can pretend that I didn't just call you fat

I'm working myself up about this right now, and I'm trying to calm down, but that's just making me angrier.

So I'm in the middle of a late night study session for a test when I get hungry and decide to make some mac'n'cheese, and I post a little blurb about it on facebook. So then one of my guy friends says "noooooo it'll go straight to your hips."

and that seriously did offend me. That one statement made me mad, but I knew that he was just trying to joke around so I joked around back, but then he said something along the lines of "Well do what you want because you won't like what you see in the mirror!"

and that set me off, and I did go off on him.

He acted offended and said things like "well that escalated quickly."

Which made it worse.

I had the worst body-image issues as a kid, and I still have to deal with them every day. It's not something that goes away, and I have friends in middle school and high school who are going through the same thing, if not worse, and it just struck a nerve.

The way it's okay to just joke about a person's body in such a blase manner and then when I get mad that you just insulted my weight - you get to act offended?

fuck you.

He sent me a text that says 'lol did I offend you or something?'

and I explained it and he apologized and I'm more or less no longer mad at him, but I'm just so fucking angry about the fact that it happened. I don't know, I just, I have a friend who is doing stupid things with her life and getting involved with people who don't have her best interest in mind and she keeps staying in these abusive relationships which only makes her abuse herself more, and it just reminds me that people make it okay for these things to happen and it makes me want to cry. a lot.
October 19th, 2012 at 08:33am