Empty House

It's Thursday night, which means that I have been out to Palm Desert and back to go to a rehearsal for a concert band, which is by far the best one I've been a part of, but that also means that I come home to an empty house. Nothing in the world like coming home to a dark house, except the ones that are on in the entry way, and being the only one awake in the house. This is the only thing I dislike about going out to rehearsals out in the desert is not being able to see everyone else and wish them a good night. It really makes me feel alone and drags me down a bit into the void of loneliness. And tonight is a bit more lonely than usual, for none of my close friends are on that I can talk to and have a good time with till the early reaches of the morning. Some usually are, but it seems I'm the only one awake in the world right now and is very lonely indeed.
Oh well, time to be locked in the Fortress of Solitude (the computer room with the doors closed so no light disturbs the sleeping family) for a few hours until I get tired enough to actually fall asleep and not lay in bed waiting till I do fall asleep.

Cheers to whomever reads my blog!
-Nathan
October 19th, 2012 at 09:36am