What it Means to be Different

What it means to be....different.

So many people today are seen copying another's style, interests, even their personalities are the same. Those people often judge others by the way they look or dress, sometimes even the way they act. They're completely rude and deny bullying when it's quite clear that they were picking on someone who's different than they. And when they're not with their so-called "friends", they turn against them and say horrible things behind their backs. They lie to each other and to themselves.

As for me, I'm quiet and distant. I dress the way I want, and I'm kind when others are to me, and I'm mean to those who disrespect me for who I am. I respect others for who they really are, not for what they pretend to be. It's hard, but I try my best to understand them. And best of all, I stay true to myself. I don't care what others think of me. I'm not afraid to like different things than they do. I'm not afraid to listen to different music, not do drugs, and I'm not afraid to wait for true love. I don't go chasing after every hot guy I see. I'll wait for a nice guy to come to me. And I won't rush into sex for fun. I'll wait years. I'll wait until after I'm married, if I have to. I'd like to know if he really loves me before I do anything like that. I'm not afraid to be respectful and different.

What's wrong with being different? Shouldn't you like people for being unique? Shouldn't you like them for accepting the real you and not the people who lie and hide their true selves?
Why would you want someone who's just another one of a million? Wouldn't you rather have someone who's one in a million?

This is what it means to be different. This is what it means to be yourself. Stand up for what you believe in. Judge others by who they really are, not by who they pretend to be. Love someone for who they are. Live for your life, not your lie.

Don't be afraid to be different.
October 19th, 2012 at 06:45pm