Help! Voting for my NaNoWriMo Story! (Questions)

Holy cow! There's only 12 days left before November gets here! I'm not really sure where the time went, but I still plan on doing NaNo (...even though I have no story planned out yet...)

But that's where you guys come in! I have several different rough story outlines that I would love for you guys to look at and vote on. Bear in mind, these are extremely rough and will probably change once I've decided on one. Anyway, onto the stories:

1) Where Slenderman Comes From: This is told from first person point of view about a girl who is plagued by a horrible creature she later learns is The Rake. At some point, she meets Slenderman and begs his help to rid her of the Rake. During the story, she is taken to a different dimension in which creatures such as Slenderman and the Rake live. I haven't decided yet if they actually defeat the Rake, but I have a picture of the main character deciding to stay with Slenderman in his own world.

2) How To Kill A Monster: Another Slenderman story (I've developed a bit of an obsession lately!). This one will feature three young adults working on the news story of a life time. Mrs. Lanley is an eccentric woman who tells the story of her missing daughter and dozens of other children. She has escaped from a small, largely unknown town that has forced her to stay quiet about the missing people. The three main characters jump at the opportunity and go to the town in an attempt to solve the missing persons' cases. However, when they get there, they discover not everything is what it seems. The town's people are less than friendly, and when another child goes missing, the three outsiders are blamed. They manage to stay free only by promising to kill the creature who has been plaguing the town: Slenderman. They fake his death, only to discover he isn't as fake as they once thought. Ending tentative.

3) [No title yet]: A forest located in a fantasy world. The land is claimed by four tribes of people, the leaders of which are all women. These women all have the ability to turn into animals according to their tribe (Ex. Canine, Feline, Birds, etc.) The women are in charge of everything, and men are second-class citizens (because they don't have the ability to 'change'). I haven't developed a major conflict for this one as of yet, but it seems like a fun idea to me.

4) The Missing: On May 18, 2003, over two hundred people went missing almost simultaneously. A large amount of these cases were covered up by the government in an attempt to avoid mass panic. However, in June of 2014 a farmer in Wyoming makes an incredible discovery: some two hundred people have suddenly appeared in one of his fields. Scientists swarm trying to figure out where they came from, but none of them are speaking about what happened. Yet. But they have a message for all of mankind; one that will change everything we know about the universe.

5) [No title yet]: A very distant future in which humans have evolved into several different 'species', and have developed different powers. There are several classes determined by species and ranks among those species. (Species may include: Fliers, Normals, Runners, Summoners and Hiders). The government would be ruled by one omnipotent species and create strict rules to keep the classes apart. The story would focus on a group of runaways, one from each species, and tell the story as they realize everything they have been told since birth is a lie. This one would probably have strong elements of romance, unlike the others.

Whew, that was a lot more than I thought it would be! If you guys would be willing to vote, I'd be really grateful. You can vote for more than one or even give ideas if the mood strikes you.

Questions:

1. Which story idea(s) did you like best?

2. Any suggestions for me?

3. Are you doing NaNo, and if so what's your story about?

4. What are some things in your Writing Survival Kit?
October 20th, 2012 at 03:44am