Random A7X Rant on YouTube Haters

So I was just minding my own business looking around on the forums and stumbled across a post about my loves Avenged Sevenfold. I normally never rant about the sexy men, but technically this isn't about them. This is about the fans. Well the one's who believe that in some twisted fashion believe that the guys sold out by doing a song with MGK.

Some feel it isn't metal enough for Avenged to be featured on, but I have a few problems with that. One being it isn't an Avenged Sevenfold song. It's a song by MGK that features M.Shadows and Synyster Gates. The song is a rap song! It's rap music featuring two metal artists. Not the other way around. I could understand if maybe Matt decided to start rapping instead of screaming while Brian leaves his swift god-like riffs for something different. Odds are that won't happen, but if it did. I'd be supportive. They are still Avenged Sevenfold. They just did something different. How are they supposed to grow as artists if they don't do something new?

I love the band and I love their music. Heck, I go on iTunes and buy all the songs that they are remotely featured on. Even if it isn't one of my personal favorites at the time I grow to love it because of Matt's voice or Brian's epic God-like master of the guitar. If I hadn't of known about A7X I would have missed out on some really good music over the years like Burn Halo, Hell or Highwater, even Good Charlotte. Also I'm not just saying that because of my race. I've been stereotyped a lot in my music choices because of it. I like the power chords and guitar solos not the same four chords played over and over with auto tune and a catchy hook.

I guess my point is just about going outside your box of listening. I did around 2006 or so.Confession Time My first taste into the world of rock music was Avenged Sevenfold with “Bat Country.” Now with that said I was initially a Chris Brown fan during that time and threw a major bitch fit when A7X won the VMAs. But later I saw their video for “Afterlife” and I liked it. I hummed it all around my house, but I never could remember their name until years later when my cousin found them on YouTube. I was a bit stand offish because she said they screamed and screaming freaked me out. Then I got my hands on their self-titled album and I fell in love. Then I went back and got all of their albums. I was totally in love the minute I heard Matt's voice melt into Syn and Zacky's guitars. It was just mesmerizing. So much now that sometimes I can't help but get a little awestruck when I hear them.

All in all I guess I'm just upset that “fans” are dogging out Matt and Brian for doing the song on YouTube. And I do mean “fans” because to me a real fan loves them and their choices. I know that being a fan doesn't mean that we have to like every single song, but I thought that at least since we're the “Most Dedicated Fans” out there that we would be supportive of their choices. It doesn't have to be a favorite, but at least a “Hey, that's pretty cool. I never heard them like that before.” kind of thing. Everyone seemed so supportive of Matt doing “Sandpaper” with Fozzy. Why aren't they as supportive of the song with MGK? Am I missing something because I haven't been listening since the moment “Sounding of the Seventh Trumpet” was released? I don't know. I guess I'll never know.

I feel this is enough random ranting from me. It's late and I should definitely get to writing so I can update soon. Please no one get offended. I just felt like letting my opinion be known about the YouTube Haters.
October 21st, 2012 at 05:28am