Okay, that was not even vaguely realistic

Okay, if you never heard of the series here's a background. The main character is Claire Danvers, in the first book she is a sixteen year old college student. She just moved to Morganville to attend a small town college before moving onto a larger college. Morganville is run by Vampires, (couldn't guess from the title, could you). There is the founder Amelie, and her second Oliver. Then there is Myrnin, Claire's vampire psychotic boss. He seems to care for her eventually, after the psychosis passes... but that is another story.

In one of the most recent book, Last Breath, Claire was killed and taken by the house. How, do you ask? Well that is simple, the house has a connection to the system that is run by the Vampires. This system stops people from leaving Morganville, and if they do leave then they forget the Vampires. The house likes Claire so it preserved her. Claire's neck was snapped. Wouldn't you expect that if she came back at all that's she'd be a Vampire? No, when Myrnin brought her back he brought her back human. Now that, I don't believe. That is completely unrealistic.

I personally feel that the whole plot of the story would be better if she were a Vampire, like Micheal. But instead of sticking with that, or even preserving her brain in place of the replacement brain in the town system. Rachel Caine, the author, chooses the unrealistic approach of bringing her back human. Okay, brava for an unexpected plot twist, but it just irks me how unrealistic it is! Now I am reading Black Dawn and hoping that she suddenly grows fangs and bites Shane or something. I just can't see her not be a vampire now that she's died.

And another thing, killing off Richard Morell, what the heck. You kill of his father the mayor, then him. Wow, is Monica going to be the mayor now? God save you all! Also, making Amelie sick with a draug bite, and making her sister a psychopath. I thought her father was enough... I guess not.

Whatever, I'm done.
Ciao,
Kat.
October 22nd, 2012 at 07:25pm