Alex's Lemonade Stand - Blog Challenge #4 - Mibba's Activism Challange



How has this cause helped the world?

Since Alex’s Lemonade Stand started in 2005, the charity has raised an incredible $55 million. All of that money has gone to providing vital research, care, and support for hospitals all over the country to provide the optimum care for patients with cancer. The charity helps finds cure for cancer by providing research grants for labs to further understand childhood cancers and then pass it down to the clinics to help the children battle their individual cancers.

But this charity does not only help the children fighting with cancer, they help individual families while they watch their loved ones go through the hardships of cancer. Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation understands how hard it is for some families to travel extensively to hospitals that have better research and resources to help the child. That is why the charity has introduced Alex’s Lemonade Stand Travel Fund. Provided with money from TD bank, the charity helps pay for lodging, and travel expenses easily to limit any extra stress on the family.

Ultimately, Alex’s Lemonade Stand is to provide children and their families with care and love that has not been given ever before. The charity also provides much needed education about childhood cancers and allows ordinary people, just like you and me, to make a world of difference.

Blog Challenge #4 - written for Mibba's Activism Challenge
October 23rd, 2012 at 09:51pm