Alex's Lemonade Stand - Blog Challange #5 - Mibba's Activism Challange



Is there any opposition or threat to your cause?

Thankfully, no opposition or threat has been made to the Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation. The charity has not made anything but successful progress in developing cures and funding for research for pediatric cancers. The charity founders have been working tirelessly to make sure that they bring the best possible care for the children and the families that have been affected by childhood cancer.

With cancer being the leading cause of death for children under the age of fifteen, and 330 new cases of cancer developing in Americans under the age of twenty, Alex’s Lemonade Stand has no plans of slowing down. The main organizers of the charity will keep on fighting to reach their ultimate goal; to make childhood cancer a thing of the past.

Although the charity has raised over $55 million, childhood cancer is still extremely underfunded. It will take a whole team around the world, to reach the goal the Alex Scott started, and now we have to finish.

Alex’s parents, the ones who helped push this charity off the ground, said that they will continue Alex’s Lemonade Stand until it “went out of business because of all the innovative technology that we have for cancer research, that we won’t need the charity any more”.

Blog Challenge #5 - written for Mibba's Activism Challenge
October 25th, 2012 at 11:57am